Upcoming Benchmarking Trainings
Need help benchmarking? Check out these upcoming 'data jam' trainings. The goal of a data jam is for property managers to learn about Portfolio Manager as well as the utilities' automatic data transfer tools and complete the benchmarking of their buildings during the session.
Minneapolis Passes Energy Disclosure Policies
On Friday February 15th, Minneapolis City Council unanimously passed three energy disclosure policies. These policies include:
- Multi-family building benchmarking. An expansion to the City's Commercial Building Energy Benchmarking and Transparency ordinance to now include multi-family buildings 50,000 sqft and greater to report annual energy and water consumption data to the City. Buildings will also be required to conduct an energy evaluation every 5 years, if a no-cost option is available.
- Time-of-Sale energy disclosure An energy report will now be included as part of the existing Truth in Sale of Housing (TISH) process for single family and duplex housing, allowing prospective home buyers and sellers to consider the efficiency of homes prior to purchase.
- Time-of-Rent energy disclosure
- Multi-family buildings 50,000 sqft and greater will disclose their ENERGY STAR score and average energy use per sqft to prospective tenants prior to leasing.
- Multifamily buildings less than 50,000 sqft will disclose average energy use per sqft using an easily accessible portal for utility data.
Learn more about these policies here.
Previous posts can be found here.
Previous newsletters can be found here.